Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Growing Problem: Pet Obesity

Why hello there, pup! Pet obesity is a extreme problem in the USA, and a dog or a cat who is obese lives a shorter life with more problems than a regular size dog or cat. Here are a couple of ideas that I thought of off the top of my head:
1. Get more exercise! Take your dog for longer walks and do activities that encourage movement, like fetch, or go swimming!

2. Substitute treats with love. It is so much more meaningful to a dog when you give him praise and love than a fatty treat.

3. Make your own treats! If you only feed your dog treats that you make, you can control the nutritional value of them. I would also suggest looking at your dogs kibble and anything else you feed him.

So what do I do if my pet is already obese? Follow the rules above and visit petobesityprevention.com to learn more. At that site you can find nutritional information, calculate how overweight your pet is, and much more.

What should I do if my pet is not obese? The best cure for any disease is prevention in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment